Sunday, October 16, 2011

Emotion and Music.........

I believe every moment has a song attached to it........ I grew up listening to so many songs and I know them so much by heart........... I hear the prelude and I can guess which song is coming up........

Emotions are certainly relaxed by hearing any type of music, may it be instrumental or vocal........ In olden days, classical music was the source of soothing the hyper nerves...but for me, its other way around...since I don't know abc of classical, the music gives me irritation......... like a ghost has got inside me and asking me to go out of the room........... I know many of you would disagree with me, but I always liked Hindi film music more...... and my tastes were very peculiar.......

If someone asked me what genre or what type of music I like to hear....I always replied Bollywood music....but then off lately I started listening o more of western music and I started loving them too.......  The reason why I like very peculiar songs are because I connect them to my memories........

Like for example, when I used to get scoldings from dad on my mischief, I would sing inside my head, "Ayya mere papa ko gussa jab ata hain" from the movie Shool and would not concentrate on the scoldings...... That's why mom would keep saying , "This girl does not improve.."

Next came the national anthem when I was in college, the DCH song....... marking friendship...... and praising the emotions with friendship...... also secretly I hoped I could have such trips to Goa.......... When I shifted to Bangalore and was  new in city, my song was "Kitni Ajeeb Rishtay hai yahan pe......" from Page 3.......... With Anup, my darling husband it was always "My Dil goes hmm hmm hmm........". It was the first movie I saw with him and its kind of dear to me..



I remember when my friend had come down to Bangalore for some work and she had fought with her guy, she would keep on playing "Tu Jahan Main Wahan" from Salaam Namaste..... And these song would just flash  instantly across my mind with any intentions and would fix into my mind for rest of my life............


When I travel from my work place to my home, every night, I hear the song "Dil Dhadkne Do........" from ZNMD........ There is so much inspiration to the song in a way only I can relate to........ for some, the song can be just another song and I am fine with it..........  And its kind of funny when I send some music dedications on Facebook to my friends depending on situation knowing that by listening to them, it would change their minds..... off lately I did that and for my best friend Shilpa...and that was "Aas Paas Hai Khuda" from Anjaana Anjaani.....

With another friend of mine, whose guy stayed far away and she was always worried about him, I would keep thinking, "Lambi Judaai........." and one of my friend is going through same phase and she hears to the song "Teri Meri prem Kahani" from Bodyguard.......

In short everyone has a song to remember at each moment......... Some Happy and some sad.......... It gives that calmness and peace instantly......  I keep thinking, if its the words, lyrics, prelude or that particular music piece of the song which builds up the emotion in you............And there is one favorite song which over takes all other liking......... Its just like the things which you pick up, extra special, which represents you........









1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed.music whether classical or filmy or light according to me is divine.wish you were a singer.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts